Saturday, September 17, 2016

Journeys | Only do what your heart tells you

2016. Taking chances and secretly hoping it'll all work out. 

Hi. I hope you're fine and happy while you're reading this, whenever you may be. :)

The decision to bring my private life back online came unexpectedly, considering how I stopped blogging 2 years back because blogging was becoming meaningless to me. But since I'm on exchange right now, with a huge deal of time to spare and photos to share, I'm finally reviving this space.

I like to play the grey areas in life - that's the most uncomfortable place to be.
Nobody likes to be in that in-between state where they don't know what's going to happen.
There's a lot of tension in that, and a lot of stuff to play with - where it's uncomfortable and awkward and sad and scary.
- Melanie Lynskey

Sooo, exchange... Nearly 3 weeks in Busan and I have to admit that coming for exchange alone is indeed as scary as it seems. Yeah, I'm independent and totally in love of the idea of travelling and exploring places myself. But emotions are hitting me so damn hard every single day. When I see people having fun with their friends and families, I can't help feeling a little lonely and even guilty knowing that my family is slogging away in Singapore while I'm having all the fun by myself here. Sometimes it gets so overwhelming that it's just so hard to hold it in. But it's okayyyyyy, I'm learning how to keep these emotions in check and I'm just really really thankful for all my family and friends for always encouraging me. I guess it's normal so I'm really fine!!! :)

Bad roommate aside, everything has been great!!! I like how my course-matching worked out well and my professors who are so kind and understanding. And I absolutely love the food and scenery here (I'm not missing Singapore's food and skyscrapers yet).

Hopefully this blogging feelzxc don't die out too fast and may more photos come along~

Life's like a movie, write your own ending.
Keep believing, keep pretending.
- Jim Henson

No comments:

Post a Comment