Saturday, August 3, 2013

Dinner with lovely Grace'11 (Part 2)

HELLOOOOO ^^
This is the second and last part of the Grace dinner!! I've decided to cut down this event to just 2 parts because er... I feel lazy HAHA.
(As continued from Part 1...)

Anyway, we decided to buy our food after the looong wait... Like I mentioned previously, the restaurant is a high-class kopitiam, just that you buy your food from various stalls with a card and make the final payment towards the end.

The stalls sell a wide spread, ranging from seafood to pastries to salads to curry to meat. I think there were two/three stalls selling seafood and everything looked really good. But I wasn't in the mood for seafood so I went for meat instead ^^ Eating meat for dinner always makes me happier coz it's always so filling!!!
Their food counters were really nicely lit and pretty ^^
A random photo Nicole wanted with Mr Leow while we were ordering.

Upon ordering our food, we were given this circular tablet thingy which would light up when our food was ready for collection! It's kinda cool because it allows us to return to our seats and chat with our friends while waiting. 
I decided to get Crispy Pork and Nicole got a Smoked Duck Drumstick! 

In the meantime, we walked around to look at the different stalls.
Most stalls displays plastic models of their food, giving you a gauge on how large the portions are (:
Nicole's Smoked Duck! The portion was surprisingly small ): And I hated the smokey taste lolololol I felt like I was eating duck soiled with charcoal.
My Pork Roulade! ^^
I like dishes with strong flavours so I personally felt that this dish was mediocre because the sauce they gave was so little! :/ The dish tasted better with chili sauce though ^^ The meat was well-cooked, but the skin was horrible. It wasn't crispy at all and turned out rubbery. Had a really hard time trying to cut it ):

Other than the meat, their mashed potato is a must-have because it's SOOOO yummy. It had little potato bits which I loved!! Lololol I'm not exactly a fan of really smooth mashed potato coz it's so mushy (like baby food, yucks).
Lion's pizzaaaa. It has really nice crust ^^
Lydia's Potato something-something-something. When she first brought it to the table, I was like "WHY ARE YOU EATING TAUGEH (beansprouts)?" and was shocked to find out it was potato. HAHA I swear it really looked like beansprouts okay.

Jerryberry's pretty balloons!

The Spouses: Nicole & Vanessa
The restaurant uses nice black rocks with words "Taken" on them for reserved tables! 

We finished dinner really quickly and got into groups to chat the night away ^^ 

The smartpoopies!!

The noisiest and naughtiest bunch of people.
The vintage mirror is really pretty ^^

Finally stopped chatting to get a class photo because some people were leaving.
Hehehe everyone grew so much prettier (Y)

We then presented Mr Leow with an early Teachers' Day card and forced him to take a photo with it ^^
This really happened HAHA Mr Leow's a really funny teacher.

Errrr I'll be chucking the rest of the photos for the rest of the night from this point onwards!! Captioning only those with a reasonable number of people because... I'm too lazy to name everyone HAHA

Lydia and Me!

Gladys, Ray Yueh, Yingxuan, Yingmei, Lydia Heng, Mr Leow

Ying Ying, Rachel, Jeraldine, Shaoxuan

Vivian, Nicole, VK, Mr Leow

Me, Nicole, Mr Leow, Lydia

Yingmei, Rachel, Andris, Lydia
I got bored of standing around so I pulled Nicole and Lydia to have a mini photoshoot at the table with pretty fairy lights ^^
Vivian, who was taking photos then, decided to leave to take photos of others ):
And came back after that HAHA
Errrr while a dramatic scene was happening at the side...
I continued camho-ing HAHA

Me and Lydia! With the alcohol cabinet ^^

Lydia's leather bag ^^

Another pretty vintage mirror!!!! 

Vivian, Nicole, Lydia
Lololol more photos of the 3 of us having a mini photoshoot with the wine cabinet as the backdrop.

Nicole, Andris 


Last photo with vintage mirror...

Sophisticated Lydia ^^
Last photo of the day with our dear ex-president, Yingying!
This pretty much sums up the entire dinner ^^ Lotsa catching up, nice food and of course, photos!!!!!! Looking forward to Wednesday, when I'll be meeting up with this group of awesome girls again! ^^

Okay, I'm ending here now because I want to get started on another short post!! ^^

BYEBYE ^^
UPDATE
There are student offers (set meals are so much cheaper!!) for on weekdays before certain timings so you might want to check their website out first! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment