Saturday, July 27, 2013

Dinner with lovely Grace'11 (Part 1)

Hellooooo ^^
I'm uploading the photos from 4Grace '11 dinner on Facebook right now, while alternating between writing this post and editing the photos ;-)

All the photos are so crazily pretty even without filters so I'm having a really hard time choosing filters because everything looks like dabombzxc!!!!! Why am I so indecisiveeeee -_- My first photo alone has 20 over copies with different filters lololol. Also, since there are more than a hundred photos that I'll be including in this post, I'm splitting it into three two parts because I doubt I want to spend my whole weekends just editing these hundred over photos :O (UPDATE: Part 2's up!! ^^)

Let the dinner begin :-)
I met up with Nicole after helping out at the gym on Thursday and we took 174 down to Orchard Central. It has been such a loooong time since I saw this pretty girl and catching up with her was such a great feeling ^^

And of course, we talked about our studies. Told her about how my academics was failing on me and I'm still lacking the motivation to study even though Prelims are less than a month away ): Nicole then started this motivational talk and it sort of worked :) I'll talk about this at the end! ^^

Moving on.

Our class reunion dinner was held at Medzs at Orchard Central Basement 2. It serves a Mediterranean fare (Spanish, French, Turkish, Greek) and I have to say, the ambience is rather pleasant. I liked how they used textured rocks and wood for their furniture and different corners of the restaurant had a different feel to it :)

I liked this part especially because the marble table had a combination of classy metal chairs and wooden cushioned long seats, with pretty fairy lanterns!
Doesn't it look like a typical Paris cafe? ^^ I couldn't help but add different filters to this crazily pretty photo...
The metal chairs actually have hearts as part of their design! How pretty ^^

Other than that, Medzs' self-service concept allows diners to order from any of the 8 F&B outlets with a 'credit card' and paying only at the end of their meal.
Hahaha cool right? ^^ But should we lose this card, a $100 fine will be imposed. Dafuq -.-

Anyway, to put it in simple terms, it's just a super high-class kopitiam, just that you make the payment all together with a card before leaving. Lololol I doubt I'll ever come back here because EVERYTHING'S SO EXPENSIVE ohmygoddddd.

There were only around 10 of us then, and we chatted with our all-time favourite teacher ^^

Mr Leow, Vivian, VK, Lion
I think Vivian was giggling to her phone because we were secretly planning Jeraldine's birthday surprise!! ^^ Apparently two of our friends had been waiting for a hell long time and they finally came in to surprise Jerryberry after more arrived.
Happy 18th birthday Jerry!!! ^^

Her balloons were really colorful and the combination of colors were great ;- ) Honestly the best I'll seen so far. The ones I've seen in the past have fugly colors somehow HAHA.
Even better, the balloons were attached to this classy toy wine bottle with pretty streamers ^^
While waiting for the rest to come, we started having a group big chat...
And taking lotsa photos!!!! ^^
Lion and her spouse!!! Lololol Lion was sitting opposite me during dinner and both of us started complaining about how we hear (and see) each other everyday in school/ Council and having to sit through dinner facing each other HAHAHA

Me with pretty girls, Nicole and Jerryberry!
Omg hahaha Jerryberry sounds so cute!!! Shall call her that the next time I see her lololol.

The restaurant has really nice mirrors which they put outside their toilets. And this really antique-looking one caught our eyes ;)

Jerryberry, Me, Vivian, Nicole
I like this photo alot ^^ Because the mirror is so pretty, there are colorful balloons behind us, my bun is peeping out from the back and my arms look long for once (YAY!!) We took lotsa photos with the mirror after that. They will be in the next post :-) The toilets are really clean too! There were two cubicles in the ladies and the open washing sink was outside the toilets. Best thing was that the toilets didn't stink ^^

Other than the pretty furniture, mirrors and toilets, they have a HUGE wine display!!!!

Me & Nicole getting bored from waiting for Lydia
They had a wide variety of wine from all over the world and I liked staring at them ;)

We got bored and started taking photos with the birthday girl, Jerryberry!! ^^


Vivian, Shaoxuan
The balloons are really pretty *_* Hehe I still remember how the councillors surprised me last year at Causeway Point and gave me three balloons!!! I really loved the balloons, but since I was delighted enough from just looking at them throughout dinner and had no use for them... I gave them to three little kids!!! ^^ Looking at the kids smile/ laugh upon getting the balloon really made my birthday a lot better. Maybe you people should do that too hehehe.

Anyway, we decided to buy our food after the looong wait...

Which I'll be talking about in the next post! ^^ Photos are up on Facebook by the way :-)
HAHA I know it's alil of an anti-climax but like I mentioned, I don't wish to spend my weekends just blogging about this event!!! My next post will be on the food, and Part 3 will be all the random group photos ;-)

Yupzzz so till I'm free to blog again, I'm going to start studying real hard for my upcoming Prelims!!! From next week onwards HAHA I'm not starting this weekend because I need to start enjoying my last weekend before I submerge myself into a world of mugging!! ^^

Bleh I'm down with a flu right now and it feels horrible! ): It was ages ago since I had one sigh pie. Really hoping that it'll go away tonight so that I can enjoy my Dad's birthday steamboat!!!!! Okay that's all.

BYEBYE ^^