Sunday, September 15, 2013

Trip to Pinoyland (At least that's what I call it LOL)

Long ago, my family went on a trip to Pinoyland!! Pinoyland = Lucky Plaza. I came up with it, good name hor? ^^ HAHA. 
Let me digress a little...

Lucky Plaza was possibly one of the most-visited shopping mall during my childhood because my mum used to bring us there every month to buy Philippines food/products and send $$ back home. Back then, Pinoyland was pretty empty and I always wondered why such a mall existed.

Well, things changed over time and now, the place is so packed that it's a pain in the ass. Pinoys shoving their way through in the most barbaric ways. Getting a 'tch' from them instead of an apology when they bump into you. And of course, having their free-hugs parties outside Tangs. 

Lolololol and do you know the rumours about Pinoys date Banglas? I think it's true HAHAHA
While my mum walked around the mall looking for plane tix, Daisy and I decided to head to the Linkz @ Lucky Plaza where there was an ongoing flea ^^
If you've watched EP61 of Budget Barbie, you'll know there're weekend forfleasake there!!! And if you haven't watched it and really bored now, here:
CHEAP RIGHT.
You should visit that place someday if you are too lazy to head down to Bugis/ want cheap thrills and buys AND do not mind Pinoys. Because you can get lotsa nice and CHEEAAAPPPP clothes (most are new or worn once) below $5!!!!

I got a brand new blue pants at $2 O.O 3-4 blouses at $2 each. And 2 free belts HAHAHA.

Erm and honestly, I think it's easier to bargain at Linkz than SCAPE. Because... I've got a feeling that sellers will give Singaporeans more discounts compared to Pinoys because heyheyhey WE ARE SINGAPOREANS. Lolololol and because there're less teenagers so you won't feel paiseh bargaining ^^

Oh and there's this shop which sells brand new denim shorts at $5 only!!!! It's not the cheapo kind of denim and there're quite some designs to choose from too ^^

So go go go  grab some good steals if you are feeling aunty/ broke!!! You can jio me when you go. Then I can help you bargain HAHAHA  ^^

Moving on. Introducing...






 JOLLIBEE!!!!

Errrr it's the most popular fast-food restaurant in Philippines because KFC and McDonald's there sucks like hell. Lolololol I'm saying that from personal experience okay. And I have to admit that Jollibean is not too bad though it still can't compete with Singapore's fast-food restaurants. 

Anyway, don't visit Jollibean at Pinoyland unless you are dying to squeeze with Pinoys at the tables and/or bloody long queues :) 
Errrrrrr and Pinoy bread? It's pretty plain compared to the kind we have in Singapore so I doubt many will barely finish half of it.

Well, you know, having bread as a snack back in my mum's village is a privilege, even though they cost around at most SGD0.10/SGD1 per piece respectively? Children there only have rice+veggy for all three meals and it's kind of sad ): I mean, they grew up without all the candies, chocolate, maggi mee, ice-cream like we did in Singapore. So we must all be thankful for everything we have in Singapore kkkkkk.

Anyway, we headed to Takashimaya's Harvey Norman to take a look at Xbox, which we eventually didn't get...
The Xbox consoles weren't available there so we went to this toy section, which I have no idea what it's called.
This robot was super cutezxc!!! You could literally move it around with a simple sweep on the remote control and I had a lot of fun with it ^^
This model was super duper coolzxc!!! The vertical track was really high (judge the height against the tall man O.O) and the toy car still managed to shoot up all the way to the top!!!!
Yupzzzz, so this pretty much sums up my trip to Lucky Plaza and Takashimaya!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment